Friday, June 4, 2010

Notebook Binding

I have been taking classes on notebook binding with Hely Reuter, here is a picture of some of the pieces I have done in class. He estado tomando clases de encuadernación con Hely Reuter y estas son algunas de las piezas hechas en clase.  

This was the first one I did, it was a lot of work but I liked the way it came out. Esta es la primera libreta que hice, es un poco de trabajo pero me gusto mucho como quedo.
This one is called a Leporello notebook and it is my favorite my daughter painted the fish inside the little window. Esta libreta se llama Leporello y es de todas mi favorita, mi hija pinto el pez que esta dentro de la ventana
Here is a picture of the inside of the Leporello, my daughter also made me the watercolor paintings inside. This notebook was so much fun to make. Aquí una foto del interior del Leporello, mi hija también me hizo las acuarelas que están dentro de la libreta. Fue muy divertido hacerla. 
This is a Japanesse notebook I used fabric to make this one. My quilting brain is working non stop thinking what I could do with the notebook covers. Esta es una libreta Japonesa use telas para forrarla. Mi mente piensa todo lo que podría hacer con Patchwork y las pastas de las libretas.
Last this is an accordion notebook inside a little box. Por último esta es una libreta tipo acordión dentro de su pequeña caja.
This is the inside of the notebook. Este es el interior de la libreta.
Next class we are doing a Japanesse photo album, I have already embroidered the covers, I will show you as soon as I finish it. La próxima clase vamos a hacer un álbum de fotos estilo Japones, ya termine de bordar las pastas, en cuanto lo acabe se los enseño.

Greetings  Saludos
Marie

3 comments:

  1. I love your notebooks,they are just beautiful. That's something I would love to learn as well, bookbinding. Well, maybe one day! I've missed your previous post about the quilt for your bother's baby. Now that'a a baby quilt which will be loved for a long time, even when the baby isn't a baby anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, Todo está hermoso! Te felicito muchísimo! Jamás dudé que tus libretas fueran a quedar así pues todo lo que haces lo ejecutas con tanta perfección. Muchos besos.
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Que bonitas! ¡Felicidades! (n_n)

    ReplyDelete